Occupational Therapy (OT)
OT Assessment & Treatment Services for Neurological Conditions
We all have things that we want to do, need to do or have to do. Occupational Therapy focuses on supporting you to do those things following and during illness or injury. It can also help establish healthy habits to minimise health deterioration or anticipate health changes with progressive conditions. You may already have had OT input or been unsure about whether this would benefit you. Please contact us to enquire how we can help by clicking on the ‘contact us’ link above.
Occupational Therapy works with you, for you, to help you achieve your goals. These can be:
- Returning to doing an activity that you now find difficult,
- Resuming life roles that are now restricted because of illness or injury such as going to work or managing a home,
- Exploring new interests if you are no longer able to engage in your existing hobbies or are now restricted,
- Finding alternative ways of doing things if you have physical restrictions,
- Considering the use of technology and equipment to help overcome physical and cognitive difficulties,
- Learning more about your condition and supporting you with challenges you may face,
- Looking at your daily and weekly schedule and considering ways to improve fatigue and pain management,
- Understanding more about difficulties that may be restricting your independence,
- Helping your family or significant others to support you.
Occupational Therapy will start with an assessment in a location of your choosing. Treatment sessions and goals are set together and each session will have a plan and a focus. Therapy sessions are offered at a time and place that is convenient to you. It is important that you remain empowered and can make your own decisions and control the outcome of therapy input.
Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment is offered for adults and older adults with the following diagnoses and conditions, among others (that may not be listed below). Please contact us to make a referral enquiry as to how Occupational Therapy can help you achieve your personal goals following illness or injury.
- Medical conditions
- Neurological conditions including progressive conditions, Brain Injury, Stroke, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic pain and fatigue
- Disorders of Consciousness and sensory programmes
- Advice on wheelchairs or seating
- Advice on small aids and adaptations
- Community reintegration, including returning to work.
- Education on illness, pacing, daily activity structuring
- Challenging behaviours and executive dysfunction
No referral will be accepted unless the client has provided consent, unless there is an accompanying Mental Capacity Assessment form indicating that a referral/assessment is required in an individual’s best interests.
Please contact us to discuss an enquiry or referral. If you would like to proceed to a formal referral please complete the online referral form by clicking on the link below :
Referral enquiry form for case managers, healthcare professionals or individuals or their families
Share this page ...